Grilled Turmeric Chicken Wings
Take a bite into these grilled chicken wings flavored with turmeric and coconut milk. They're a great alternative to fried wings!
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 5 garlic cloves smashed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- Vegetable oil for the grill
- Lime wedges
- Combine coconut milk, garlic cloves, ginger, lime zest and juice, salt, and turmeric in blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and add chicken wings, tossing to coat. Marinade in fridge 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Meanwhile heat your gas grill to medium high and oil grill grates to prevent sticking.
- Grill chicken wings, turning frequently to prevent burning, about every five minutes. Cook until chicken is nicely charred and cooked through, about 35 minutes total.
- Transfer chicken to serving plate and serve alongside extra lime wedges.
Turmeric is a spice from the ginger family. You can find it regularly in the spice aisle at your local grocery store. You can marinade the chicken wings up to 24 hours.
Perfect PairingThis potato salad makes a great addition to this grilled meal. [embed_recipe id='9214']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.