Grilled Cabbage Wedges with Blue Cheese Dressing
Charring cabbage brings out its sweet and nutty flavors while preserving the crunch and pairs wonderfully with the smokiness from a hot grill.
- 1 head cabbage
- 4 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lemon
- Mild oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the blue cheese crumbles, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Cut the lemon in half, and juice half of it over the mix. Sprinkle in 1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, as desired. Stir it up and taste. Adjust as needed.
- Cut the cabbage into 8 wedges, leaving the core attached to the leaves as best you can. If there are tough outer leaves, remove those. Lightly brush with oil, then add salt and pepper.
- Place the wedges on a grill, then close the lid. Cook until the outer edges begin to blacken, about 5 to 7 minutes. Flip and continue until all three outer edges have been charred.
- If they're getting too soft for your taste, keep the lid open while they cook.
- Remove the wedges from the grill and arrange on a platter. Pour the dressing over them, sprinkle with bacon bits and chives, if desired, and enjoy warm!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.