Texas Grapefruit Salad
When Texas grapefruit is involved, every bite is a wonderful citrusy indulgence that makes for the perfect lunchtime pick-me-up.
Grapefruit, Chicken, and Walnut Salad
- 2 large Texas grapefruits
- 12 oz salad greens
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, chopped (Or use leftovers from our grilled grapefruit marinated chicken)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Halve both grapefruits. Juice as needed to get 1/4 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, then peel the rest. Separate into segments, then cut each segment in half.
- Whisk together the grapefruit juice, salt, mustard, red wine vinegar, and honey. While continuing to whisk, pour in the olive oil.
- Toss together the salad greens, grapefruit segments, chicken, and walnuts. Pour the vinaigrette over, and toss again. Sprinkle on the cilantro, add some freshly cracked pepper, and enjoy!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.