Goat Cheese and Tomato Tart
Enjoy the last of the season's tomatoes with this Goat Cheese and Tomato Tart. Enjoy this tart as a light lunch with a side of salad.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Roll pie crust dough out and place into a 10-inch tart pan, pressing up the sides. Poke the bottom with a fork and add pie weights. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine the goat cheese, eggs, heavy whipping cream, basil, salt and pepper. Pour into prepared pie crust. Top with tomatoes and bake until the filling comes out clean when a knife is inserted into the middle, about 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
You can use a combination of grape tomatoes and vine-ripened tomatoes in this recipe. Serve alongside a salad for a light lunch.
Perfect PairingServe this Tomato Tart with Cherry Moonshine Truffles. Yum! [embed_recipe id='17173']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.