Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry with Broccoli
Your weeknight dinner woes are gone with our Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry with Broccoli. Serve this dish with steamed white or brown rice for a complete meal.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 4 garlic cloves, minged
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet heat 1 Tbsp of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan, cooking through, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and place on plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and add the carrots and broccoli, cooking until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chicken back into the pan.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together the chicken stock, soy sauce and honey. In a seperate bowl whisk together the cornstarch and 1 Tbsp water.
- Add the soy sauce mixture to the pan and toss to coat, cooking one minute. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Serve.
Serve this quick dinner over rice for a full meal. You can also use chicken thighs in this recipe.
Perfect PairingWe love salads! [embed_recipe id='30867']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.