Garlic and Thyme Mushroom Skewers
After a short marinade and just a few minutes on the grill, these mushroom kabobs pick up layers of bright, savory, and smoky flavor.
- 2 lbs mushrooms (Button or cremini are our favorites)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh thyme (Plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wooden skewers
- Whisk together the lemon juice, soy sauce, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Cut the mushrooms in half or thirds if they're really big. Put them in a gallon zip top bag or a large bowl, then add the lemon juice mixture. Toss to coat, then let rest to marinate for 30 minutes.
- While they're resting, soak 10 to 12 wooden skewers in water.
- Skewer the mushrooms, then cook over a medium-high grill until soft and slightly charred, about 2 or 3 minutes per side.
- Enjoy right away, or keep warm with foil until ready to serve.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.