Frozen Mint Julep Ice Pop
These no-fuss bourbon poptails are exactly what you need on a hot summer day. Steep, freeze, then break them out by the grill to keep cool and get tipsy.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar (Or 1 cup if you have a sweet tooth)
- 1 cup mint leaves, packed
- 1/3 cup Bourbon
- Combine the water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from heat and add the mint. Steep for 10 minutes, then strain out.
- Let the mixture cool entirely, then add the bourbon. You don't want to add the bourbon while it's still hot because the alcohol is volatile enough that it'll start dissolving right away.
- Pour the mixture into a popsicle mold and freeze for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Insert popsicle sticks, then freeze until solid.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.