Chicken Waffle Sandwich
This is the ultimate breakfast-for-dinner recipe! This Chicken Waffle Sandwich combines crispy fried chicken with a light and fluffy waffle.
- 1 recipe Pickle-Brined Fried Chicken prepared with boneless breasts (Recipe Link Below)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Prepare chicken according to recipe substituting boneless chicken breasts for legs.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and melted butter. Combine wet and dry ingredients together and stir until just combined.
- Preheat your waffle maker and spray with cooking spray. Cook waffles according to your waffle maker's instructions.
- Cut waffle in half and top with a chicken breast. Top with the other half of the waffle. Serve with maple syrup, honey, or butter.
Use This Recipe for the chicken, substituting breasts for legs. To keep everything warm while the waffles cook, keep chicken in a 200F oven on a sheet pan.
Perfect PairingServe this sandwich with Slow Cooker Pumpkin Oatmeal for a complete breakfast. [embed_recipe id='16757']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.