Fresh Strawberry Italian Soda
Sip on this refreshing Strawberry Italian Soda made with fresh strawberries. Add a bit of heavy cream to make this drink complete.
Fresh Strawberry Syrup
- 1 lb strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
For 1 Drink
- 2 Tbsp Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup club soda
- heavy whipping cream
To Make the Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Place strawberries and water in medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let the strawberries simmer for about 20 minutes. Skim the foam which floats to the top while the strawberries are simmering.
- After 20 minutes remove from heat and strain the strawberry liquid into another clean saucepan. Discard strawberry solids.
- Add sugar to strawberry liquid and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
To Make The Italian Soda
- In a tall glass filled with ice, add 2 Tablespoons strawberry syrup, 1 cup club soda, and a splash of heavy whipping cream if desired.
We love making our own simple syrup but if you want to make these on the fly, use store-bought strawberry syrup. When straining the strawberries make sure not to press down on the berries to release the juice. It'll cloud up your syrup.
Perfect PairingWe love Italian Sodas! Try this Blue Raspberry version. [embed_recipe id='14019']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.