Fresh Cherry Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Between the cherries, quinoa, and parsley, this grain salad is a nutritional powerhouse, the perfect boost for hectic weekday lunches.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 lb fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine quinoa in a medium saucepan, then bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low, then cover and cook until the quinoa is tender and liquid has absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. Whisk together the lemon zest, juice, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the oil while continuing to whisk.
- Toss together the quinoa, cherries, celery, and parsley until relatively uniformly distributed. Pour on the vinaigrette then toss again. Serve warm, or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Can be enjoyed warm or cold.
Quinoa is already packed with protein, but if you're looking for another boost or just some crunch, try tossing in a quarter cup toasted walnuts or pistachios.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.