Fresh Beet and Carrot Salad
This gorgeous, healthy salad adds a welcome pop of color to any dinner spread and is hearty enough to make ahead of time.
Beet and Carrot Salad
- 3 large carrots
- 4 medium beets
- 1/4 red onion, cut into slivers
- 1/4 cup pepitas
Lemon Herb Dressing
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a box grater or food processor, coarsely grate the carrots and beets. Toss together with the red onions and pepitas in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad, and toss.
- This salad can be enjoyed right away, but is delightful chilled.
Because there are no tender leafy greens, this is one of those handy kinds of salads that can easily be made ahead without the worry of anything wilting.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.