French Almond Cake
This one-bowl delicious French Almond Cake is a great dessert to make if you are expecting company. So simple and delicate.
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour meal
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canola oil
For The Glaze
- 4 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the Greek yogurt, sugar, and eggs until mixed. Into the bowl add in the flour, almond meal, baking powder, salt, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Add in the oil and stir for about 2 minutes to incorporate.
- Pour into the cake pan and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 35-45 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes then turn out to the cooling rack.
- Meanwhile make the glaze by whisking together the orange juice, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Pour over cake and sprinkle the almonds on top. Cool completely before serving.
Toast your almonds by placing them in a preheated 350ºF for 10 minutes. The almonds should be just a pale brown. If you want your glaze thicker, add to a cool cake.
Perfect PairingLove sweets? Try out our Easy Pear Kolache. [embed_recipe id='18945']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.