Foolproof Pound Cake
This classic pound cake recipe is simple and easy—perfect for quick dessert or get together.
- 2 cup butter
- 3 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare three 8x4 inch loaf pans by greasing then lining with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and sugar in large bowl, and cream together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in some of the flour until combined, then beat in some of the milk. Continue alternating until both have been completely incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake until they pass the toothpick test, about 70 minutes.
- Remove from oven and separate the cake from the edges of the pan. Set pans on wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Take cakes out of the pans and remove the parchment paper. Let cakes cool completely on wire rack.
Try with a teaspoon of your favorite extracts or sprinkle in a cup of fresh berries.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.