Easy Venison Chilaquiles
This Mexican classic gets a heartland twist with the addition of shredded venison. Try our version of Easy Venison Chilaquiles today for breakfast or brunch.
- 12 stale corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded venison
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- In a large skillet add 1/4 inch of oil and heat to high. Add the tortillas and fry until golden brown. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt. Wipe the skillet clean.
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil to the skillet and heat over high. Add the enchilada sauce and cook 1 minute. Add the tortillas back to the pan and coat with the sauce. Add the venison to the pan and heat through. Remove from heat and serve on dishes topped with cheese.
This recipe works really well with stale tortillas. If you have fresh tortillas, leave them out the night before to harden a bit. Add a bit of chili powder to the sauce if you like it a little spicier.
Perfect PairingServe these Chilaquiles with Pink Lemonade Moonshine Popsicles. [embed_recipe id='16867']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.