Dried Cherry Bread Pudding
Use up your day-old bread with this Dried Cherry Bread Pudding. Rich and creamy and filled with tart dried cherries. Yum!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 cups day-old bread cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Place milk, heavy cream, and butter in a microwavable container and microwave until butter is melted and the mixture is hot, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add the bread cubes and cherries and mix. Pour in the milk mixture and stir to combine. Pour into an ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted about 1-inch from edge comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
You can always substitute the dried cherries for raisins. Serve this bread pudding topped with whipped cream.
Perfect PairingMake this Slow Cooker Bread and make this Bread Pudding with the leftover bread. [embed_recipe id='17797']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.