Love eggnog but your tummy can't deal with all of the dairy? We've got the solution for you! This Dairy-Free Eggnog is easy and tasty.
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 400ml can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 egg yolks
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, ground nutmeg, and ground cinnamon and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the drink down to low. In a bowl place the egg yolks. Pour a little bit of the hot liquid into the eggs whisking the whole time. Add a bit more then transfer the eggs into the pot and bring the mixture back to a simmer, whisking the entire time. Let simmer 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Sprinkle the drinks with fresh cinnamon and nutmeg. You can also refrigerate the drink.
Perfect PairingMake these Christmas cupcakes to compliment this festive drink. [embed_recipe id='21100']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.