Crispy Cod Burger
Crunchy and flaky, this crispy cod burger is the perfect way to add more fish into your diet. Bonus points if you caught it!
For The Burger
- 4 cod fillets or 1 lb cod, sliced into 4 portions
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp dijion mustard
- 1 cup panko
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
For The Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp chopped capers
- 1 Tbsp tarragon
- 4 radishes sliced
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 cibatta rolls or hamburger buns
For the fish
- Start by salt and peppering all the pieces of cod. In a small bowl combine dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon of water. In a separate bowl place the panko and cayenne pepper. Dredge the cod in the dijon mixture and then the panko mixture, pressing the panko to stick. Repeat with each fillet.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium until the oil shimmers. Add cod and cook until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes total. Transfer to a paper-towel lined place.
For the sauce
- In small bowl combine mayonnaise, capers and tarragon. Set aside until ready to use.
Building the burger
- Add cod to ciabatta bun. Top with sliced radish, arugula, and prepared sauce.
We used ciabatta rolls for this recipe but toasted hamburger buns would be great as well. You can make the sauce ahead of time, making this meal super quick!
Perfect PairingWe found that these twice baked potato bites are the perfect side to this burger. [embed_recipe id='9135']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.