Cream Cheese Waffles
These Cream Cheese Waffles are tangy, rich, light and fluffy. Undoubtably a delicious way to start off your weekday morning.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and egg yolks until light. Add in the milk, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add the dry ingredients into the cream cheese mixture and mix until moistened. Then fold in the egg whites, making sure not to over-mix.
- Preheat your waffle iron and cook the waffles according to the waffle iron's instructions. Serve.
These waffles go great with a sprinkling of powdered sugar. You can keep your waffles warm by placing them in a 200F oven.
Perfect PairingLooking for something fun to bake? Try out our Easy Pear Kolache. [embed_recipe id='18945']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.