Make this protein rich snack at home with practically zero effort and only a handful of ingredients that you may already have in the pantry.
- 2 cans chickpeas, 15 oz each
- 3 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup tahini, well stirred
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid. Juice two of the lemons, you should get about 1/4 cup. Keep the third one handy in case you decide you want it.
- Add chickpeas, garlic, and salt to a food processor. Pulse until the chickpeas are roughly chopped.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the tahini and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Process for 20 seconds or so to let it get smooth. If it doesn't smooth out, add 1/4 cup of the reserved bean liquid, or water, then scrape down and process again.
- With the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and let process another 20 seconds or so to emulsify and smoothen.
- Taste it to see if you want more salt, lemon, tahini, garlic, or any other add ins.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of cumin, paprika, or sumac, and a side of pita chips.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.