Putting a dollop of whiskey in your pecan pie is a Southern thing, but we've got a cinnamon whiskey pecan pie recipe here that takes that dollop to the next level. You get the deep richness of whiskey along with a sweet and spicy kick that makes this pie the one to beat at the family reunion. All it takes is a little bit of cinnamon whiskey to make this delicious holiday pie.
Cinnamon whiskey is a trend that isn't going away, but fortunately, it's grown up a lot. You can find excellent cinnamon whiskey from good American distillers like Heaven Hill and Jack Daniel's. You don't need much for this cinnamon whiskey pecan pie—just three tablespoons—but trust us, it will make this pie a crowd pleaser for years to come.
We use a refrigerated pie crust to make this best southern pie easy and carefree. You can always make your own buttery pie crust using a food processor and combining all-purpose flour, unsalted butter, water, and salt. This easy recipe uses vodka, making it nice and flaky for everything from delicious holiday pumpkin pie and french silk pie to peanut butter pie and classic pecan pie.
Place the crust in a pie pan and crimp with a fork.
While the oven preheats to 350 degrees, beat the eggs, then add the sugar, butter, light corn syrup (or mix of light and dark corn syrup), vanilla extract, lemon juice, salt, whiskey, and pecans (the other star of the show). Once everything is mixed well, pour into a pie crust. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour; the pie filling should be fully baked in the center.
Top with ice cream, whipped topping, or whipped cream and enjoy the blue ribbon for best pecan pie with a deliciously spicy kick!
Cinnamon Whiskey Pecan Pie
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all ingredients, from sugar to cinnamon whiskey. Mix well. Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Check your crust at 45 minutes and if too brown, cover with foil until the pie is fully baked in the center. A knife inserted should come out clean.
- Serve with your favorite whipped topping or vanilla ice cream. In true Texas form, use Blue Bell!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.