Cinnamon Walnut Scones
Make up a batch of these Cinnamon Walnut Scones and your house will be smelling so good! These are best served with a mug of tea.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and place a piece of parchment on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, walnuts, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or your hands, cut in the butter until the mixture looks like small peas.
- In a small bowl combine the eggs and heavy cream and pour into the dry ingredients. Using your hands, mix until the dough is just moistened. Turn onto a floured surface and shape into a 6-inch circle. Place the dough on the parchment paper and cut into 8 wedges, but keeping the scone together.
- Brush with the milk and bake in the oven until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve with butter.
If you would like your scones to be flaky on all sides, separate your scones into individual wedges, about 2-inches apart before baking. We like to serve these scones warm.
Perfect PairingMake your morning complete with the addition of a Mocha Coffee. [embed_recipe id='16545']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.