Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby
This Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby makes an amazing brunch to enjoy as the leaves begin to change colors and fall from the trees.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 recipe Fried Apples (recipe link below)
- powdered sugar
- Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet in your oven and preheat it to 475ºF.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk eggs until light and frothy. Add milk and stir. Slowly whisk in flour, nutmeg, and salt until combined.
- Take the skillet out of oven and add the butter and swirl around until fully melted. Pour the batter into the skillet and place in the oven immediately.
- Bake until puffed and brown, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with fried apples. Serve with powdered sugar.
Make the Fried Apples using this recipe Make sure to preheat your skillet fully before adding the batter. This makes the pancake rise!
Perfect PairingServe this Dutch Baby with another skillet favorite: The Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie. [embed_recipe id='16904']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.