Chocolate Cherry Muffins
Grab a warm cup of coffee and start your morning smiling between bites with these chocolate and cherry breakfast wonder muffins.
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetend cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cup frozen thawed cherries, pitted and chopped (Can use fresh instead)
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 F and prepare a baking dish by lightly greasing 12 jumbo muffin cups and/or lining with baking cups. (We always like to grease the tops of the pan to help with muffin top spillover.)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Add yoghurt, milk, vegetable oil, and almond extract. Whisk until evenly blended.
- Add the yoghurt mix to the flour mix and stir until just combined. Fold in the cherries and chocolates.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, filling them half way.
- Bake until they pass the toothpick test, about 20-25 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes on a wire rack before removing from pan to cool the rest of the way.
These chocolate muffins make a great compliment to a healthy breakfast, like these baked avocado and egg.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.