Strawberry Mousse in Chocolate Bowls
The best desserts are served in chocolate bowls and this strawberry mousse is the perfect companion to the star of the show.
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Strawberries for topping
- 4 balloons
- Blow up balloons until they are between 5 and 8 inches in diameter. Spray with cooking spray. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl, warming 30 seconds at a time and stirring in between each interval. When chocolate is smooth, stop heating.
- Allow the chocolate to cool for about 5 minutes, until no longer hot to the touch.
- Hold a balloon by the knot and dip into bowl of melted chocolate. For deeper bowls, submerge more of the balloon. Tilt to spread excess chocolate and let drippings run off.
- Place a spoonful of melted chocolate onto parchment paper to form base for the bowl. Set chocolate-dipped balloon directly onto spoonful. Repeat for remaining balloons.
- Rest in a cool, dry place for 30 minutes.
- Gently peel chocolate bowl from parchment paper and pop balloon gently. Remove balloon from the bowl.
- To make the mousse, combine heavy whipping cream and jam in bowl. Using stand mixer or hand mixer, whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fill each bowl with strawberry mousse, and top with strawberries.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.