Chicken Pot Pie
Cozy up with this perfect comfort food recipe as we segue into fall and cooler weather.
- 4 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 9 inch pie crusts (Store bought or make your own)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter then add the onion. Sauté until the onions start turning translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, peas, corn, celery, and garlic. Stir to combine and sauté another 3 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the broth and stir. Let simmer and thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Add the celery seed, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Add cream and stir. Simmer until it starts making thick bubbles, then remove from. Let filling cool until it's comfortable to handle but not cold.
- Prepare 9 inch pie dish with one of the dough rounds to make the bottom crust.
- Pour the filling into the bottom crust.
- Cover with top crust and seal edges. Cut several small vents to let steam escape.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
If you're in a hurry, this recipe can be made even faster by using 2 cups of frozen mixed veggies in place of the carrots, peas, corn, and celery.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.