Carrie Underwood has shared one of the original tracks for her forthcoming Christmas album My Gift. "Let There Be Peace," written by Underwood, Brett James and David Garcia, is a faith-filled message for peace on earth.
"If I had one wish on that Christmas list/ It wouldn't be for presents under my tree," Underwood sings."There'd be no more tears for crying/ No more wars for fighting/ And every mother's child would have enough to eat/ So when I get down on my knees to pray/ I ask the Lord above to light the way/ And let there be peace..."
"I've always wanted to make a Christmas album and it's been a long time coming," Underwood said in a press release. "I knew this would be my next music project after wrapping my tour last year, and I think it's turned out to be the perfect time for an album like this, in this period of such personal and spiritual reflection. For me, it's more important than ever to focus on the true meaning of Christmas in a project like this. Even though it has been a tough year for all of us, sometimes I feel like the greatest realizations can be inspired by the most difficult times, and make us more grateful for the things we do have and for what truly matters."
'My Gift' Track List:
1. "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee" (Traditional)
2. "O Come All Ye Faithful" (Traditional)
3. "Let There Be Peace" (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, David Garcia)
4. "Little Drummer Boy" (featuring Isaiah Fisher) (Harry Simeone, Henry Onorati, Katherine Davis)
5. "Sweet Baby Jesus" (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, David Garcia)
6. "Hallelujah" (with John Legend) (John Stephens, Toby Gad)
7. "O Holy Night" (Traditional)
8. "Mary, Did You Know?" (Buddy Greene, Mark Lowry)
9. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" (Ralph Blane, Hugh Martin)
10. "Away In A Manger" (Traditional)
11. "Silent Night" (Traditional)