Gone are the days when you would have to completely avoid fast food while on a diet. Some of the best fast-food chains like McDonald's, Burger King and Hardee's are more than aware of everchanging diets and wellness fads. In the past few years, the keto diet has exploded with popularity. So what did popular fast food restaurants do? They added keto-friendly items to their menus and expanded their well-known items to include keto options. Carl's Jr. keto menu items are some of the options leading the trend.
What is the Keto Diet?
Also called the ketogenic diet, this high-fat low-carb diet is very similar to the Akins diet which was popular in the 1990s. Eating low-carb options with high fat causes your body to go into a metabolic state called, "ketosis", which makes your body burn fat for energy instead of sugar. Studies have also shown that keto diets also reduce blood sugar and insulin levels. Interested in the keto diet? Here's every item on the new Carl's Jr. Keto-Friendly menu to help you get started.
Guacamole Bacon Thickburger Lettuce Wrap
100% Angus beef patty and charbroiled over an open flame, this lettuce-wrapped Thickburger is topped with Carl's signature guacamole, bacon, melted pepper jack cheese, tomato, red onion, and Santa Fe sauce.
Original Thickburger Lettuce Wrap
Nothing like the original! This low carb Thickburger is topped with melted Pepper Jack cheese, fresh tomato, red onion, and Santa Fe sauce and wrapped in lettuce.
Jalapeno Thickburger Lettuce Wrap
This low carb burger starts with a 1/3 lb. 100% Angus beef patty, charbroiled over an open flame and is topped with melted American cheese, fresh tomato, red onion, pickle, mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard, all wrapped in lettuce. The best keto meals don't taste like you're missing out.
Customize to be Keto-Friendly
Along with the keto menu, Carl's Jr also offers a variety of different menu items that can be modified to fit the keto diet. Make sure to check the Carl's Jr. nutrition menu for the calorie and carb count of each item.
- Steak and Egg Burrito
- Order without the tortilla and be wary of the salsa since it adds 1 carb.
- Monster Biscuit with Sausage, Bacon, and Cheese
- Order without the biscuit. You can add a lettuce wrap but scrambled eggs and lettuce don't sound too appetizing.
- All-Natural Charbroiled Chicken Club™ Sandwich
- Order this chicken sandwich as a lettuce wrap minus the sauce.
- All-Natural Charbroiled Chicken Salad
- Order without croutons and ask for buffalo dipping sauce.
- Garden Side Salad
- Order without croutons and ask for the Buttermilk Ranch Dipping Sauce.
Order These Without the Bun
- Breakfast Burger
- Famous Star with cheese
- Super Star with Cheese
- The Big Carl
- Big Hamburger
- Double Cheeseburger
- Kid's Hamburger
- Kid's Cheeseburger
- The 1/3 lb. Original Six Dollar Thickburger
- The 1/2 lb. Original Six Dollar Thickburger
- The 1/3 lb. Guacamole Bacon Thickburger
- The 1/2 lb. Guacamole Bacon Thickburger
- Grass-Fed All-Natural* Burger (Single)
Editor's Note: Products featured on Wide Open Country are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
READ MORE: Chick-Fil-A Has the Best Keto Breakfast According to Our Food Editor
Enjoy all things country?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.