Chicken Torchietti with Cajun Alfredo Sauce
Add a little kick to your pasta with this creamy Cajun Alfredo Sauce. Cheesy with a hint of spice, you'll be wanting ladles of this sauce.
- 12 oz. torchietti pasta
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packaging.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium-heat in a medium skillet. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink in the middle. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan and sauté onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent, about 3 minutes. Add cajun seasoning and cook another minute. Ass tomato sauce and bring down the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes until tomato sauce has thickened.
- Once the sauce has thickened add the heavy cream and Parmesan and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the pasta and chicken and toss together, making sure the pasta and chicken are heated through. Serve with extra Parmesan cheese.
Torchietti is a fun swirly pasta. You can always use Rotini pasta in its place. Add a little extra punch by adding in 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes.
Perfect PairingCajun food your thing? Try serving these Cajun Avocado Fries alongside your pasta. [embed_recipe id='15698']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.