Cajun Blackened Salmon
For how much flavor this Cajun blackened salmon, you'd be hard pressed to believe it takes less than 20 minutes to make for dinner.
Blackened Spice Blend
- 1 1/2 tbs paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbs dried thyme
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbs dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt (Optional, or to taste)
- 1 lb salmon fillets
- Butter or good tasting oil
- Whisk together the spice blend ingredients in a small bowl or jar.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry, then liberally sprinkle the spices on both sides.
- Working in small batches, melt 1 tbs butter per filet that will fit in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cast iron works great for this. Wait until the butter has melted and is bubbly before adding the salmon. Add the salmon to the skillet skin side up, and leave alone. Let cook until the bottom is browned, about 5-6 minutes. Flip and cook to crisp the skin, about 2-4 minutes.
- If necessary, add more butter and let melt to bubbling before cooking the remaining filets.
- Serve warm with your favorite sides.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.