Butternut Squash Risotto
Preparing our Butternut Squash Risotto isn't as complicated as it sounds. All you need is Arborio rice, some butternut squash, and a strong arm.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth, heated
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- In a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-heat, melt the butter. Add the squash and season with salt and pepper. Cook the squash until the edges are a softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the rice and stir. Add the wine and cook until almost all of the wine is cooked off, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add in 1/2 cup of broth. Cook, stirring, until the liquid is fully absorbed. Add the broth a 1/2 cup at a time, stirring and cooking until liquid is absorbed each time before adding more broth. This should take about 35-40 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan and sage. Serve immediately.
This dish gets creamy from all of the stirring. Don't give up! Top with additional parmesan if desired.
Perfect PairingLooking for a salad to serve alongside this dish? [embed_recipe id='19707']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.