Brussels Sprout Skewers
These Brussels sprout kebabs are a simple and tasty way to get some extra veggies on your plate during your next cookout.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill. Heat the grill to medium.
- Cut the stems off the Brussels sprouts, and remove any yellow outer leaves. Cut really big ones in half, aiming to have all the sprouts at roughly the same size.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic powder, mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss the Brussels sprouts in this mix, adding a touch more olive oil if needed.
- Fit 4 to 5 Brussels sprouts onto each skewer, leaving about a half inch between them. If there's any leftover seasoning mix, brush that over the skewers.
- Grill for 3 to 5 minutes, then quarter-turn them. Repeat four times until all sides are nicely charred.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the cooked sprouts, and top with freshly ground pepper.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.