Brown Sugar and Bourbon Hanger Steak
This boozy, savory sauce with a hint of hot and sweet depth is the perfect way to marinade a bold tasting non-traditional cut of beef.
- 1 1/2 lb hanger steak (Skirt steak, flank steak, bavette, or plenty of other cuts will work too)
- 2/3 cup Bourbon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs mustard
- 1 tbs hot sauce
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients but the steak in a zip top bag or a wide, shallow bowl. Add the steak and mush it around to distribute the marinated.
- Let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes, or in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Grill 5 to 6 minutes per side for a nice medium rare, making sure not to budge it while it's cooking. Then remove from heat to let rest 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. It's best when thinly sliced against the grain.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.