Broiled Gulf Oysters in a Garlic Butter Herb Gratin
Meaty, flavorful Gulf oysters are perfect for gratins since they're hardy enough to assert their flavor through the other fixings.
- 6 tbs butter
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice (Or a vinegar-y hot sauce like Tabasco)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dozen shucked Gulf oysters
- Preheat the broiler and place oven rack about 3 inches from the top of the oven. Put a layer of rock salt or rice at the bottom of a baking dish to create something for the oysters to rest on without spilling.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with the parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, Parmesan, and Worcestershire sauce. Melt the butter then pour it over the mix and toss.
- Divide the breadcrumb mixture evenly between the oysters, then transfer them to the prepared baking dish.
- Broil until crumbs are golden and the edges of the oysters begin to curl, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.