Try this make ahead casserole and show 'em why breakfast for dinner is the best meal.
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Soften potatoes until just about the right texture to eat, either by microwaving or lightly boiling.
- Cook bacon on the stove until it's reached your desired crispiness. Drain all but 2 tbs bacon grease.
- Lightly sauté bell peppers, onion, and garlic in bacon grease, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in cheese, potatoes, bacon, and vegetables.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Bake until the top is golden and it passes the toothpick test, about 40 minutes.
- Serve warm, garnished with your favorite herb. (We used rosemary, but parsley or green onions are great too!)
There's a lot to play around with here. Try a mediterranean twist by adding sun dried tomatoes and feta, or a southwestern one with spicy peppers and avocado.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.