This recipe was created in partnership with Blanton's Bourbon.
Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel Sauce
This Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel Sauce gets its kick from Blanton's Bourbon in both the bread pudding and the caramel sauce.
- 4 cups cubed day-old dinner rolls
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 Tbsp Blanton's Bourbon
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp Blanton's Bourbon
- Salt, to taste
For the bread pudding
- Preheat your oven to 350º and lightly grease a square baking pan.
- In a large bowl toss together the cubed dinner rolls, half-and-half and bourbon. Let soak while you prepare the custard.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter. Remove from heat and whisk in the brown sugar, sugar and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and slowly drizzle in the sugar mixture, making sure not to curdle. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the bread and toss to coat. Add the walnuts and combine.
- Pour the mixture into the square baking dish and cover with aluminum foil, baking 45-50 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes to brown the top. Remove from oven and let cool.
For the Caramel Sauce
- In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan combine the sugar and water. Turn the heat to high and cook mixture until it reaches an amber color. Do not stir with a spoon but rather swirl the pan to distribute the color. Remove from the heat and whisk in the heavy whipping cream and bourbon. Salt to taste and cool until caramel is pourable.
- Serve by slicing the bread pudding, topping with fresh whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel.
Make this in a 13x9in pan by doubling the recipe. If you are planning on serving this right away, make the caramel sauce about 2 hours before making the bread pudding.
Perfect PairingWe love Southern desserts. [embed_recipe id='31618']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.