Beer Battered Fish Filets
These beer battered filets are flavorful enough to enjoy alone, but versatile enough to complement any golden french fry, baja salsa, or cabbage slaw.
- 1 1/2 lb fish filets (Something white, flaky, but sturdy is good. Cod, halibut, and tilapia all work)
- 1 1/2 cup flour (Plus a little extra)
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 12 oz beer
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil to 365 F.
- Combine flour, corn starch, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder. Whisk egg into the dry ingredients, then gradually mix in beer until a thin batter has formed. Let rest 5-10 minutes.
- Pat fish dry, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Working in batches, lightly dredge the fish in flour, then dip into the batter to fully coat. Fry until both sides are golden brown and the fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.