Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp
This Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp is out of this world! The sweet taste of coconut with the flavor of beer makes this shrimp a crowd favorite.
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat your 2 inches of oil in a dutch oven to 350ºF.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter by mixing together the beer, flour, egg, and salt in a medium bowl until the batter is smooth. Place coconut on a plate.
- Dip each shrimp into the batter and roll in the flaked coconut. Fry shrimp in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Serve with cocktail sauce or a tartar sauce. Keep the shrimp warm while waiting for the others to fry by covering the plate with foil.
Perfect PairingServe this Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp with Apple Gin and Tonic. [embed_recipe id='17574']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.