Beef Pot Pie
This Beef Pot Pie is a great option of a quick weeknight dinner! Make your own pie crust or use a refrigerated crust you bought from the store.
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb beef sirloin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 12-oz jar beef gravy
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the beef, mushrooms, and onion, cooking until beef is browned. Drain fat.
- Meanwhile, mix together the gravy, cornstarch, sugar, and pepper. Add to the beef and stir. Add in the vegetables and and cook until vegetables are thawed.
- Line a pie dish with one of the crusts. Top with the meat mixture and press the second crust on top, cutting air holes for steam to escape. Bake 40 minutes until pie crust is golden brown. Serve.
If the crust is browning too fast, cover with foil. The cornstarch has to be blended pretty well otherwise it will clump.
Perfect PairingLove Slow Cooking? You've got to try out this Slow Cooker Spicy Potato Korma. [embed_recipe id='18865']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.