Banana Nut Oatmeal Muffins
Wake up to a tasty and nutritious breakfast of Banana Nut Oatmeal Muffins. Filled with fresh banana and walnuts, it's the perfect breakfast on the go.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the egg and whisk until beaten. Add milk, canola oil, and bananas and stir together. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour the batter into the muffin tins about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and muffins are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool and serve.
The best bananas to use for this recipe are older, squishy bananas. We like the taste of walnuts in this recipe but you can always subsitute pecans or no nuts at all.
Perfect PairingMake your breakfast complete with these Raspberry Chia Breakfast Popsicles. [embed_recipe id='14319']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.