Baked Avocado and Egg
This creamy, nutty, simple avocado and egg breakfast is a great way to start your day healthfully, high in protein and good fats.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumpled
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, like parsley, cilantro, or chives
- 4 dashes hot sauce (Or even salsa!)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice avocados in half and remove pits.
- Remove about 1 tbs of avocado meat to make room for the eggs. (Most eggs will be a little too big and will spill over. Skip this step if you're using something small like quail eggs.)
- Optional: Put a dash of hotsauce or your favorite spices in the avocado's hole.
- Crack the egg into a small plate, then pour into the avocado's hole. Trust us, even though it uses an extra dish, it's less messy than trying to crack it directly into the avocado.
- Sprinkle on extra toppings (like crumbled bacon) if desired, then bake on a baking sheet until the yolks are still slightly runny but the whites have been cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, with extra toppings as desired.
This is great eaten plain with a spoon, or spread on your favorite toast. It's also great for lunch. Try it with our sautéed chickpeas and kale salad next time you want to treat yourself.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.