Bacon Wrapped Eggs
These easy and delicious savory breakfast treats can make big batch breakfasts a lot easier and add a little heft to an otherwise dainty brunch.
- 6 eggs
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F and thoroughly grease a muffin tin. Any egg that manages to slip to the bacon will try it's best to stick.
- Cook the bacon over medium heat to render out a lot of the fat, but leave it somewhat translucent and still a bit floppy. Crispy back will just break. Drain on a paper towel lined plate until cool.
- Cut two of the slices of bacon into thirds.
- Wrap the whole slices of bacon around the sides of the muffin thins. Use the smaller bacon pieces to cover the bottom.
- Crack an egg into each muffin tin, then add salt and pepper.
- Optional but tasty: Add your favorite toppings! Cheddar and chives are a great combo. So is goat cheese and thyme, or mozzarella and basil. Even breadcrumbs if you like a crunch. Since these don't take long to make, and are easy to customize, feel free to go nuts!
- Bake until the egg whites have set but the yolks still jiggly, about 10 to 12 minutes. This should crisp up the bacon nicely too.
- Give them up to about 5 minutes to cool, then serve warm and enjoy! If they stick, try running a chopstick or thin spatula around the edges. A knife could scratch your muffin pan, so we don't recommend using anything metal.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.