These candied bacon slices hit every note of a successful dish—they're sweet, savory, nutty, and will be gone in a flash!
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare the baking dish by lining a cookie sheet with foil, then place a wire rack on the cookie sheet.
- Arrange the bacon in a single layer on the wire rack, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and pecans in a bowl. (If you'd like finer pecan pieces, process them together in a food processor.)
- Remove bacon from oven and sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on both sides. Bake again until browned and crispy, 10-15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely (or nearly completely!) before enjoying.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.