Avocado Walnut Bread
Just like banana nut bread, but without the bananas! This bread is super moist, with a satisfyingly crunchy crust, and a slightly green crumb.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado (About 1 avocado, but grab extra just in case!)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F and lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, beat together the egg, avocado, and honey. Stir in the buttermilk.
- Add the avocado mixture to the flour mixture, then stir to blend evenly. Stir in the nuts, being careful not to overwork the batter, then pour it into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake until it passes the toothpick test, about 50 minutes.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.