Labor Day is nearly here! Throw another shrimp (or burger, or veggie) on the barbie! But wait: Are grocery stores open on Labor Day? If you're gonna be knee-deep in ribs and potato salad, big-batch cocktails and more, you need food!
The federal holiday dedicated to the American labor movement always falls on the first Monday of September-this year, the 5th, and good news: Many grocery stores will be open. Thanks to our friends at Offers.com and US News for pointing us to the shops that'll help us keep our loved ones fed. (And FYI, Costco isn't one of 'em!)
- Acme Markets. (Some locations' hours may vary.)
- Aldi (9 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
- Food Lion
- The Fresh Market
- Giant Food. (Pharmacy hours will be 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Harris Teeter
- H-E-B: Pharmacy hours will be limited.
- Piggly Wiggly: (Some stores may be closed or have reduced hours.)
- Publix (Store pharmacies will be closed.)
- Sam's Club (8 a.m. - 6 p.m. for Plus members; 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. for club members.)
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.