Apple Sauce Waffles
Want to know the secret to fluffy waffles? Applesauce! These Apple Sauce Waffles are fluffy in the inside and crisp on the outside.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the evaporated milk, water, applesauce, brown sugar, canola oil, and vanilla extract. Add in the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Bake waffles according to your waffle iron's instructions. Serve with sliced apples.
These waffles go great with a sprinkling of powdered sugar. You can keep your waffles warm by placing them in a 200F oven.
Perfect PairingLooking for something fun to bake? Try out our Easy Pear Kolache. [embed_recipe id='18945']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.