Apple Roasted Chicken
Love roasting whole chickens? Us too! You have to try out this Apple Roasted Chicken made with baked apples and apple cider.
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 whole chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 apples, cut into wedges
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF.
- In a small saucepan combine the apple cider and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Let reduce by half. Set aside.
- Prepare the chicken by patting the skin dry and seasoning liberally with salt and pepper. Place an onion quarter and 2 slices of apple in the cavity of the chicken.
- In the bottom of the roasting pan add the rest of the onion and apples. Top with thyme. Place the chicken on top and rub with the butter.
- Bake the chicken 30 minutes then remove the chicken from the oven. Baste with the apple cider mixture. Reduce oven to 350ºF and bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked to an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
Serve the chicken with the baked apples and onions. If the chicken seems to brown too fast, cover the breasts with foil.
Perfect PairingServe this Apple Roasted Chicken with our Pear Crumble as dessert. [embed_recipe id='18361']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.