Are you getting tired of eating Oreo cookies the old-fashioned way? Or maybe you're craving deep-fried Oreos from the state fair, but in the middle of winter and the coronavirus pandemic, you can't expect to get the fried chocolate sandwich cookies as fair food anytime soon. Luckily, we have a super easy air fryer fried Oreos recipe you can check out if your fryer is just waiting for you to try out a new dish.
How to Make Air-Fried Oreos
All you need to make delicious, crispy air fryer Oreos are a pack of the iconic cookies, crescent roll dough, powdered sugar/confectioner's sugar, and an oil cooking spray. There are recipes out there that include things like pancake mix or pancake batter, but this is the simplest version we think beginners should attempt.
You're going to preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, unroll your crescent dough sheet onto a floured surface or nonstick surface and use a rolling pin to flatten out the dough. The dough should be able to cover 8 to 10 Oreo cookies.
Cosori Air Fryer
Next, cut the dough into equal-sized pieces and wrap each Oreo in those pieces of dough, making sure to pinch the seams to seal them. Then, line your air fryer basket with a piece of parchment paper and spray it with your cooking spray. Arrange the cookies in the basket, making sure they don't touch; you might have to do a few batches in order to cook them all.
Finally, air fry the Oreos for 3-5 minutes or until the outer covering is golden brown. When all of the cookies are done, remove them and lightly cover them with the sugar on a plate or serving dish of your choice. The yummy creations are best served hot — and yes, with a glass of milk if you'd prefer.
Air Fried Oreos? Sign Us Up Thanks to This Super Easy Recipe
- 8-10 Oreo cookies
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
- Confectioners' sugar Enough for garnish
- 1 spray cooking spray
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unroll crescent dough sheet onto a floured surface or nonstick surface. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough.
- Cut dough into equal-sized pieces and wrap each Oreo in dough, pinching the seams.
- Line air fryer basket with a piece of parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Arrange Oreos in air fryer basket, making sure they don't touch.
- Fry Oreos for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cookies when done and lightly cover them with the sugar on a plate or serving dish. Serve hot.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.