20-Minute French Toast
Fry up this quick and easy classic in under 20 minutes then sit back and enjoy the weekend breakfast vibes.
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbs granulated sugar
- 12 slices stale bread (Dense, thick bread works best)
- Butter, for frying
- Beat eggs, then mix in milk, vanilla extract, and spices.
- Pour mixture in a shallow bowl or pie pan—something wide enough to easily dip the bread slices in.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Once the pan is completely hot, dip bread in egg mixture, then fry until golden brown on each side. (Thicker bread may need to soak in the egg mixture longer.)
- Serve warm with fresh fruit, butter, maple syrup, or all three!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.