Wynonna is recruiting some of the best names in music for her upcoming album.
The self-titled Wynonna & The Big Noise, set for release on February 12, will be the 51-year-old’s first full-length release of original music since 2003. Wynonna brought out the big guns for her musical reintroduction, recruiting Americana favorite Jason Isbell for harmonies on the stirring track, “Things That I Lean On”.
The album, produced by Wynonna’s husband, Cactus Moser, features tracks penned by some of the best songwriters in country. CMA-approved breakthrough Chris Stapleton co-wrote the first track on the release, “Ain’t No Thing” alongside another award-winning writer, John Scott Sherrill.
David Lee Murphy, Travis Meadow and the Eagles’ Timothy B. Schmit also contributed tracks to the album, which features a new fresh sound that Moser steered in a more Americana-friendly direction.
“I have a newfound passion for what it is God gave me the gift to do and it’s all because of my husband,” Wynonna told Rolling Stone Country. “He challenged me in a way that no one has ever. He stripped me of all my gimmicks and all my ‘go-to’s.'”
Wynonna & The Big Noise track listing:
1. “Ain’t No Thing” feat. Susan Tedeschi (John Scott Sherrill, Chris Stapleton)
2. “Cool Ya” (Lisa Carver, Andrew Ripp)
3. “Things I Lean On” feat. Jason Isbell (Travis Meadows, Daniel Sanders)
4. “You Make My Heart Beat Too Fast” feat. Cactus Moser (Julie Miller)
5. “Staying in Love” (Rapheal Saadiq)
6. “Keeps Me Alive” feat. Derek Trucks (Sarah Siskind)
7. “Jesus and a Jukebox” (Travis Meadows, Jeremy Spillman, David Tolliver)
8. “I Can See Everything” feat. Timothy B. Schmit (Timothy B. Schmit)
9. “Something You Can’t Live Without” (David Lee Murphy, Cactus Moser)
10. “You Are So Beautiful” (Ashley Warren, Cactus Moser)
11. “Every Ending (Is a New Beginning)” (Doug Johnson, Billy Montana, Wynonna, Cactus Moser)
12. “Choose to Believe” (Charlie White, Kevin Welch)