This simple technique will help you roast strawberries in a flash.
One of the best perks of the springtime is the abundance of delicious and fresh strawberries. They are a great snack on their own and as an added ingredient to salads, cereals or tons of other dishes. Country Living posted this quick and simple tutorial on how to switch things up by roasting your strawberries. Roasting the fruit gives it an even sweeter flavor than before with a thick, caramelized glaze that is as addicting as candy. Want to try it for yourself? Here’s the super simple way to roast strawberries.from
1. Gather your ingredients. You will need one pound of strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
2. Slice up your strawberries. Be sure to remove the stems and hull completely from each berry.
3. Move your sliced berries onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. You’ll want to use a baking sheet so you can easily remove the syrup later. Toss your berries with a coating of sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Roast the berries at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. If you choose to, you can keep them in the oven for up to an hour. If they spend a longer amount of time in the oven, the berries will produce a larger amount of syrup.
5. Enjoy! You can eat them on their own, or layer them with plain yogurt, toasted coconut and pistachios for a delicious parfait.
6. Another great idea is to add them to a fresh salad with arugula, feta, olive oil, and black pepper.
It’s that simple! There’s an endless amount of dishes you can add roasted strawberries too, and it makes your dish seem a lot more complicated and time consuming than it actually is.
Your roasted strawberries can be saved in a glass jar or container for up to a week for best quality. Happy eating!